Samyukta Kisan Morcha held a press conference in the Gazipur border and explained why they deem the three farm laws enacted by the Narendra Modi government as ‘black laws’.
Samyukta Kisan Morcha Press Note
125th day, 31 March 2021
The following decisions were taken yesterday in the General meeting of the Samyukta Kisan Morcha.
- On 5th April, FCI Bachao Divas will be marked by gherao of offices of FCI across the country.
- On April 10, the KMP expressway will be blocked for 24 hours.
- On April 13, the festival of Baisakhi will be celebrated on the borders of Delhi.
- Sanvidan Bachao Divas will be marked on 14th April on the birth anniversary of Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar.
- May 1 Mazdoor Day will be celebrated on the borders of Delhi. On this day, all programs will be dedicated to Mazdoor Kisan Unity.
- SKM has announced a Parliament March in the first fortnight of May. Other than farmers and labourers, here women, Dalit-Adivasi-Bahujans, unemployed youth and every section of the society will be part of this march. This program will be completely peaceful. People will come in their vehicles from their villages to the borders of Delhi. After this, a Paidal March will be done from the borders of Delhi. The exact date will be announced in the coming days.
In today’s press conference, Gurnam Singh Chadhuni, Prem Singh Bhangu, Satnam Singh Ajnala, Ravinder Kaur, Santokh Singh, Buta Singh Burjgil, Joginder Nain and Pradeep Dhankad were present.
SKM member and farmer leader Biju and other leaders, who were holding the banner of No Vote for BJP / NDA in Trivandrum, were attacked and beaten up by BJP RSS workers. We strongly condemn and oppose this act and behaviour. Kisan Morcha has publically given a call to the people to vote against BJP.
As part of the Mitti Satyagraha Yatra, farmers were handed over the soil in Dandi, which was collected from 100 villages and in Bardoli, which was collected from 50 villages. The Yatra was welcomed in Umrachi. Farmers said that the Modi government wants to snatch the soil (land) of the farmers and hand it over to the capitalists. This yatra is being taken out against it. During the farmers movement, more than 320 farmers have been martyred to save the soil of the country. This yatra is being taken out from the inspiration of Gandhiji to memorialize him by making a martyr’s memorial.
The yatra was stopped by the Gujarat Police in Umrachi. The farmers of the country are fighting to save democracy.
The second Yatra of the Mitti Satyagraha was started from Rajghat in the Barwani district of Madhya Pradesh under the leadership of Medha Patkar, of NAPM and Narmada Bachao Andolan. Representatives of Narmada Valley farmers, labourers, fisherfolks involved in the Mitti Satyagraha. This yatra is being taken out via Gandhi Samadhi, Rajghat (Kukra) from Barwani to Ratlam, Mandsaur via Dungarpur in Rajasthan, where both the yatras will meet and then it will take a turn towards Delhi borders (Shahjahanpur, Tikri, Ghazipur, Singhu).
A mega mahapanchayat of farmers and fisherfolks was organized in Manakudi near Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu. Thousands of farmers, labourers and fisherfolks attended this rally. In this panchayat, people said that they will teach a lesson to the BJP and its allies during the elections. The highlight of this struggle was the agitation in the sea where more than 300 boats assembled with big black flags.
Today Samyukta Kisan Morcha, Ghazipur border held a press conference and released a document explaining:
- What is Black in these Laws
- Why farmers are demanding the MSP,
- Impact of these laws on sugar cane farmers and delayed payments
- Impact of these laws on sharecroppers and animal husbandry
- Problems that will arise from Electricity Bill 2020,
- Why farmers oppose the GOI proposal to suspend these laws.
– Dr. Darshan Pal
Samyukta Kisan Morcha